I sent this last night but it came back to me rejected due to the file size, so I'm attempting this again with only 1 photo.....
We woke up early this morning, probably due to a few things.... nerves, hard beds, a little jet lag still hanging around.... We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and then just hung out in our room until 2pm, when we were supposed to meet Glen to go to the bank to exchange money. After we did the bank run, we then left for the office where we met Taylor. When we walked into the hallway, there were lots of small children waiting to meet their families. There is a group of Dutch families here and most of the children were for their group. I think the families were split between 2 rooms. Glen went down the hallway further, probably to let them know that we were there for Taylor. He came back into the room and asked me to get out one of our TA's. As I was doing that, in walks Taylor with a woman from the orphanage! I didn't get to video it or take a picture, but Chelsea said later that Taylor just came bouncing into the room and that she would never forget it so I didn't have to have it on film. We got to know each other a little through our guide and I was able to ask questions. I had a long list of them that I'd been collecting so I don't think all were asked but we did find out new things.
I asked about her friends and she said something about there being 7 girls that were close and all but 1 has now been adopted to the US. I'll have to get her to list the names again.
When we asked when she had last eaten, they said that it was a while before that and she said that she wanted to go to McDonald's! So on the way back to the hotel, we stopped at McDonald's. She told Glen that she had never actually eaten there but had seen it on TV. She had 1 chicken wing, some fries and a chocolate sundae. This is a funny picture but I thought I'd post it anyway.
While there, we filled out more adoption paperwork and put our red thumbprints on the papers.
While there, we filled out more adoption paperwork and put our red thumbprints on the papers.
Back at the hotel, she just explored everything. We got out some games and books, which she loved. She had an apple in her backpack, which she passed around so we could each take a bite. She loves to share. Even at McD's, she was giving us each 1 of her fries, saying Baba, Mama, etc.
Later Chelsea and Taylor went down to the pool and Kaylie and I followed them but by the time we purchased a swim hat (they require them in the pool), a storm was brewing and we went back to the room. Another family that is here and received their child today as well visited our room. The kids get along so well together.
Then we went and had dinner in the hotel restaurant. Taylor was conversing with the servers and even was cleaning the plates away as we finished! She is very organized and neat. She put all of her things in the little nightstand between the beds.
Then we went and had dinner in the hotel restaurant. Taylor was conversing with the servers and even was cleaning the plates away as we finished! She is very organized and neat. She put all of her things in the little nightstand between the beds.
They are now sleeping.... What a perfect day! Chelsea is so happy and said that she is just perfect!






7 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful start.
Hi everyone. We have been following your every step with much excitement & anticipation of seeing Taylor. She looks so happy as all of you must be. Can't wait to see all of you.
Lots of love & hugs,Grandma&grandpa & auntie Sharon
Hi everyone. We have been following your every step with much excitement & anticipation of seeing Taylor. She looks so happy as all of you must be. Can't wait to see all of you.
Lots of love & hugs,Grandma&grandpa & auntie Sharon
I'm so happy everything is going so smoothly! Sounds like Taylor is a perfect match for your family and Chelsea is going to have her dream sister! Can't wait to meat her!
So wonderful to see that Taylor has had an easy transition. She looks very happy. If you'd like to skype with us, just let us know when would be a good time. Sounds like you have our same guide Glenn. Ask him if he remembers the Hansen's and Yonghua and our own trip to Beihai just 2-1/2 months ago. Wonderful news!!!!
Kim and Yonghua
Wow,sounds like things are going well! So happy for your family. Can't wait to see more.
Lisa and Jingju
Wow, you are there now!!!
Beautiful! What a lovely family you all are and I see how happy she is going to be!
So happy for ALL of you!!
Sandra
Post a Comment