The story of our adoption of Taylor, our Rainbow from Beihai, Guangxi

Monday, August 30, 2010

Guangzhou - Day 3

This morning we met our guide at 10:30am to go over the Consulate paperwork.  After that, we went back to the medical center to have Taylor's TB test checked.  The minute we drove onto the island, she started jabbering to our guide.  She recognized the buildings and was scared of more shots.  Once we got out of the van, she was hugging the building and DH had to carry her inside.  But then it was over very quickly and she was fine.  I can't wait until we take her to the doctor when we get home.  Our doctor normally wants to redo all the shots so Taylor is going to be mad at us for a very long time. 

We dropped off some laundry at a shop on the island and then did a little shopping.  I ordered a chop for Taylor with a rabbit on it.  There are a few other items I'd like to get but will have to go back without DH as he really doesn't want to spend $ on that type of stuff.  I'm sorry that I didn't buy anything in Nanning to represent Guangxi though.  I guess we did get that pearl pendant and the shell whistles but not much. 

We spent most of the rest of the day in the room, although we did go swimming for a bit and then out to Pizza Hut for dinner. 

Tomorrow is a totally free day and I think the girls are going to drive us bonkers!

I don't have any pictures from today as I only did my Flip video and something is wrong with the program so that it doesn't load on my computer to pull out a snapshot.  I'll have to work on that.


1 comment:

China Dreams said...

Enjoy your free day-there's always the pool.