The story of our adoption of Taylor, our Rainbow from Beihai, Guangxi

Thursday, August 19, 2010

On our Way!

I didn’t get much sleep last night since I went to bed at 3:30am and got up at 6:30am. I guess I should sleep good on the flight to Hong Kong. But all the bags are packed and we’re on the flight to Newark so that’s a good thing.







The limo (a stretch white one) arrived at 8am and we got to the airport in plenty of time to check in and get through security. Then we had a little McD’s snack and boarded the plane.






I wonder what is going through Cai Hong’s (aka Taylor) mind right now. If she’s dreaming (since it’s 12:10am there) about what the next days and weeks and years will be like for her. I wonder if they have brought her back to the SWI to prepare her or if she will come straight from her foster family. I guess we’ll find out in a few days. We meet her on Monday!




What we ate today:



Breakfast at the airport: McD’s – pancakes, cinnamon melt, whales, egg sandwich

Flight to Newark: small ham or turkey sandwich, Ruffles, Twix
Flight to Hong Kong: several different snacks/meals






Then came the L-O-N-G flight from Newark to Hong Kong. What can I say? It’s just a bear! We had 3 seats together and 1 separate, so John took the single seat. It was supposed to be an aisle seat but a woman asked him to switch so that she and her daughter could sit together, so he ended up in the middle. What a nice guy, huh?






The girls did as well as can be expected. The plane had the individual entertainment things so we could choose our own movies, etc. About half-way through the flight, Chelsea got a little antsy to get off but then when we had about 5-6 hours to go, we all fell asleep so that made the time pass more quickly. Unfortunately, about an hour before we were to land, I started to feel a little sick and ended up making use of the barf bags, which I have never done in my life. I think it was the couple bites of a turkey dog that I took earlier.






After landing in Hong Kong at about 7pm their time, we went through Immigration, collected our bags, walked through customs and found a taxi to the hotel.
 

We are staying at Disney Hollywood Hotel.  We got checked in by about 9pm (I think) and then had a snack in one of the restaurants. Well actually, I didn’t have a snack, just a Sprite, but the girls had spaghetti and John had a fruit plate.  Of course, being Disney, everything is about The Mouse, even the watermelon and cantalope are cut in the shape of Mickey!




No comments: