But then it was off to the actual medical exam. First height, weight and BP. That wasn't too bad, especially since another older girl was just ahead of her. That girl's mom whispered to her to be brave since Taylor was watching how she reacted.
This puts her weight at 49.6 lbs and her height at 51.8 inches.
Then to the ENT. I was told she had wax in her ears. Then to the Body check. The doctor checked her heart and said that he didn't hear any murmur. That's great news, although we'll feel better when our family doctor checks her out.
Then last but definitely not least, the dreaded shots. Taylor had to receive 4 shots plus the TB test. It took about 5 people to hold her down for the shots. It broke my heart to see her so upset. I had to hold her on my lap while the others held her arms still. She was SO-O-O mad at us when that was finished. But she didn't seem to have any reaction to it. We stayed on Shamian Island and had lunch at the White Swan.
Luckily it didn't take her too long to show us her smile.






5 comments:
Glad that's over! Poor thing.
Me too! The only thing is that we have to go back there to have her TB test checked so she's probably not going to want to go in there again. Hopefully our guide will explain to her that she won't have any more shots.
She is so beautiful and look at that hair...I've seen a lot of the girls who have been is foster have this fabulous long hair!! Tessa can't believe how long her hair is!! Tessa had a lot of wax in her ears that caused some sinus problems for a while until we got those long pieces of wax all out here in the US. Gee, I wish I had thought of traveling to the SWI while we were there; I thought it was not allowed...how fortunate for Taylor to go back!
I'm enjoying following your journey!
Sandra
Those darn shots!!! You'd think by this day and age, we could avoid the needle! I hope she has recovered!
Rose
Mom to Nathan, Autumn, Logan and Angelina
Sandra, I tried to send you an email and it came back to me. Did your email address change? Or are you have issues with your mailbox?
Post a Comment