So we went back to the consulate yesterday. The woman had said they would be ready at 12. Since they are closed from 12-1 for lunch, I figured we should get down there before 12 and we ended up getting there about 11:15. The guy at the pickup window told me they weren't ready yet, to come back at 1pm. I'm like, they were supposed to be ready now but he just kept saying they weren't ready. So we went to McD's for an hour and then I went back and waited. When I got to the window, he came back with them and said there was a question on 1 of the pages (1 of the police reports) because the guy that notarized it had made the 9 in 2009 with a very small upper loop so they thought it might be a 1 (2001). I'm like, what??? The letter is dated 10/9/09 so why would it have been notarized in 2001? Plus I said there were 2 of the same letter since we each had one and that one was clearly 2009. I'm also thinking that it would have been nice if he told me this was the holdup when I was there in the morning.
He said that the Consul wasn't back yet from lunch so to come back in 1/2 hour. At this point I'm panicing because that would be 1:45 and our girls would be getting home from school before we got back home. So I tried calling our neighbor and got her voicemail and I called our house and left a message for our older daughter. Then I went to the back of the pickup line, which was growing quickly. When I got to the front again, it wasn't quite 1:45, but the guy said that they had been ok'd and they were printing out the forms and they should be ready in 20 mins. Now I KNOW we're not going to be home in time. It wouldn't be so bad if Chelsea had to be home by herself but the bus driver for Kaylie wouldn't let her off the bus except to one of us. So I'm waiting not so patiently and about 2:05 he says they are ready. As I'm waiting on the corner for John (he had been driving around), our neighbor calls back and said she'd take care of the girls. WHEW! THANK YOU GOD!!! I really had no idea what to do if she hadn't been there. I didn't have the school's or bus company's #'s with me. Anyway, it worked out.
So here's a picture of all the parts of our dossier. It includes:
1. Adoption Petition - letter explaining our reasons for adopting and that we promise never to mistreat or abandon her.
2. Home Study
3. Birth certificates x 2
4. Marriage License
5. Divorce Decree
6. Medical forms x 2
7. Financial Report
8. Police Letter x 2
9. Employment/Retirement Letter x 2
10. I-797C - Approval from USCIS
11. Family photos
12. Copies of our passports
13. Passport photos
14. Check to Agency for next payment
I got it sent off to our agency last night. When I finally got to FedEx after making some copies, I figured it was after their last pickup since it was after 7pm, but the girl said they hadn't shown up yet. So I just made it and they should have it tomorrow. I probably should have done overnight but after paying $700 for the Consulate seals, I couldn't pay $40 for postage.








No comments:
Post a Comment