The story of our adoption of Taylor, our Rainbow from Beihai, Guangxi

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What Next?

OK, Not sure if someone's trying to tell us something, but our air conditioner died Sunday.  Well actually, it may have died before that but I think Sunday was the 1st day we tried to turn it on this year.  Turns out it's the compressor and since it would still cost a couple thousand $ to fix it, it was decided that it made sense to just replace it at $6K.  I mean, it's the original one for the house, built in 1986, so I guess it has served us well.  The thing is, we also had to replace the furnace earlier this year at $8K.  Those 2 repairs combined would cover our travel costs.  Our adoption stash has suddenly been eaten up by the monsters in the basement (and technically outside since the ac is outside)!  I'm dreaming that the Publishers Clearing House prize patrol will show up at our door next week!  I mean, I don't even care if it's the $1,000,000 prize.  I'd take $100,000 or $50,000 or even $10,000.   

No comments: