Monday, May 10, 2010
Passport Issue
So I'm filling out my visa application on Saturday (not the credit card but for travelling to China) and I'm shocked to discover that my passport has my place of birth as Illinois, when I was born in Wisconsin. OMG!!! Now what?!?! We got new passports in 2007 when we went on a cruise and they weren't really even looked at. I didn't know what trouble this would cause but I found a form on the US Passport website to make a data correction. I brought that all to the post office this morning. The woman at the counter thought I needed to do a complete renewal since it had been so long since I got my passport but the website said that data corrections are free and that they are normally processed as an expedite. Normal processing is 4-6 weeks which would be in the danger range of panic of not getting it back in time. So now my fingers are crossed that they'll send me a corrected passport as quickly as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Oh No! Good thing you noticed now than later! Sending positive thoughts that it will come back way before it is time to travel!
Sandra
Post a Comment