The story of our adoption of Taylor, our Rainbow from Beihai, Guangxi

Friday, June 25, 2010

MISSION: Visas

Chelsea and I took the train into Chicago today (with 1 of her friends) to get our visas.  We JUST made it up to the window at 11am, which meant that we could pick them up after 2pm.  Otherwise, we would have had to make another trip.  WHEW!!  That's done! 

After we dropped off the visa applications, we stopped at the Rock 'N Roll McDonald's for lunch.

Then, we made a short visit (but long walk) to the Taste of Chicago.  Along the way, we stopped in Millenium Park and the girls got soaked in the splash area.  At least they got cooled off! 

3 comments:

Sue said...

I bet it felt good to get another thing done to bring Taylor home. We haven't sent in our visa's yet. we are planning to do it soon. Looks like you all had fun.

Priscilla said...

Maybe I should have offered to bring along other people's stuff. Although I'm not sure if I would have trusted just anyone to do mine. Luckily we are close enough to do it ourselves.

China Dreams said...

Congratulations on one more thing checked off the list.