The story of our adoption of Taylor, our Rainbow from Beihai, Guangxi

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I-800 SENT OFF TO USCIS

I sent off our I-800 packet of documents off to USCIS (US Immigration) today.  It should be in Texas on Monday.  From there I believe it gets sent to Missouri.  Then we wait a couple of weeks for the next step.


The list of documents:
1) Cover letter
2) Form I-800, Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative
3) Copy of LOA (Letter of Seeking Confirmation from Adopter)
4) Copy of our I-797C Approval Notice
5) Form I-864W, Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption
6) Taylor's referral documents in Chinese and English
7) Convention Letter from Madison Adoption Associates, stating that they are an accredited Hague agency and that we have submitted all the required documents, etc. etc. etc
8) Copy of our home study

No comments: